Revision as of 17:50, 22 July 2007 by Ezrec
In July of 2007, I started investigating reef aquaria.
- 55 Gallon tank
- PVC overflow 'box'
- Hagen Aquaclear 802 + garden hose 'sump'
- Two plastic containers from Lowes Hardware
- Added PVC disconnectable unions between the sections
- Attempted to double size of skim and grow containers by gluing two containers together.
- Polypropylene doesn't glue. Fresh water test failed after 4 hours.
- Added control valves to regulate sump flow (1/2" CPVC - perfect fit to garden hose!)
- Larger containers from Ikea hold 5 gallons instead of 2!
- No leaks!