switchHANDsignal is the Pittsburgh area branch of the Moped Army
October 20, 2007 1pm - sHs Sleepover Endurance Ride
Proposed Route #1 You will see:
- That Really Curvy Section of Schenley Park.
- Hot Metal Bridge
- Page's Dairy Mart
- Trax Farms
- Mt. Lebanon
- Mt. Washington at Dusk
- Downtown at Dusk
- Oakland at Night
- Includes all the above, plus stopover at the Double Wide Cafe in S. Side, a pass through Carson St. at dusk, and a final stop at Chasers in The Lost Valley Under 376. Ride time increased by 30 minutes.
- Proposed Route #2.1
- Same as above, but gets rid of the boring Forward ave route to Chasers with a quick jaunt through Schenley
Route Check Rides
- Route Check #1 - October 6, 2007, 1pm at the 61C cafe. Travel time, 3-4 hours. Expected weather is sunny, 84F.
- sHs Sleepover 2007 Route Check #1 Results
- Route Check #2 - October 13, 2007, 1pm at the 61C cafe. Test the revised route. Expected weather is cloudy, 54F.
- Route Check Rules
- Leader moped will announce (three short horn beeps) a short pit stop at a gas station every 30 miles or 60 minutes, whichever comes first.
- Any rider can signal trouble with three long beeps. All riders must stop and give assistance if there is no chase vehicle.
- Unless announced otherwise, expect no chase car.
- We are not stopping at Trax, Granview Ave, etc.
- Endurance Ride: October 20, 2007, 1pm at the 61C cafe.
- Leader moped will announce (three short horn beeps) a pit stop at a gas station every 30 miles or 60 minutes, whichever comes first.
- Any rider can signal trouble with three long beeps. The chase vehicle will then assist.
- A chase vehicle will be provided.
- Expected total ride time is 8 to 9 hours, of which 4 hours will be on your moped.
- Expected sights and stops:
- Page's Dairy Mart - Get your ice cream fix!
- A-1 Gas Station in Mt. Oliver (if needed)
- Chase vehicle can offload early-dead mopeds at Jason McMullan's house.
- Trax Farms (expect 1 to 2 hour stay)
- This is the halfway point w/respect to total mileage
- Chase vehicle can offload at Jason McMullan's house and/or switch drivers.
- Mt. Lebanon - Any suggestions? Probably a good coffee shop? (30 minutes)
- Grandview Avenue, Mt. Washington - the highlight of the trip - the city at evening! (30 minutes)
- Downtown (no stops, but make sure to take it all in!)
- Carson St. (not really a stop, but it'll take ~15 minutes to crawl it on a Saturday night)
- Double Wide Grill - Dine like no other kid in the trailer park. (expect a 1 1/2 to 2 hour stop)
- Chase vehicle can unload at Jason's again
- Oakland (no stops - see and be seen!)
- Squirrel Hill (no stops, but party poopers can leave early, as we will pass by the 61C Cafe at this segment)
- Chasers in The Lost Valley Under 376.
Please place logo proposals here. Although this wiki only seems to accept bitmap (ie jpeg and gif) formats, please make sure your originals are in a vector format!
Logos suitable for stencils
- Must be black and white only
- The background must be one continuous piece - no "holes".